Google Pay is a new transaction method that emerged from Google Wallet and Android Pay in 2018. It is available for both desktop computers and mobile Android devices and can be used to transfer money in a safe and convenient way.
Even though Google Pay is still fairly new, some well-known online casinos are accepting Google Pay, including Voodoo Dreams Casino, Gate 777 and AHTI Games. We expect to see more casinos and other gambling sites join in the near future.
Unfortunately, Google Pay can still only be used to deposit into casinos – withdrawals need to be carried out using some other method. This is a big downside and is hampering Google Pay´s popularity among online gamblers. The competitor Apple Pay has the same downside.
Getting started with Google Pay
To use Google Pay, you need a standard Google Account. So, if you don´t have one of those, you need to create one first. It is free and doesn´t take long.
Once you have a Google Account, go to pay.google.com and sign in there using your Google Account.
Now it is time to add a payment method. Follow the step-by-step on-screen instructions.
How to use Google Pay on a mobile device
Google Pay is not just compatible with mobile Android devices; there is actually an app available for iOS devices too.
To get started, go to Google Play Store (for Android devices) or Apple App Store (for iOS devices) and download the Google Pay app. Downloading it is free.
Open the Google Pay app on your mobile device and follow the on-screen instructions. Among other things, you will be required to select a payment method and add the necessary information abut it. If you for instance select to use your VISA card, you will have to provide Google Pay with your credit card information, and so on.
How to deposit money into my casino account using Google Pay
1.) Log into the casino and go to the banking/cashier section. Select deposit, and then select Google Pay as your deposit method.
2.) Follow the step-by-step on-screen instructions. Among other things, you will be required to select the connected transaction method (e.g. you VISA card) and enter the amount you wish to deposit.
3.) Confirm the transaction by using an accepted Google Pay verifciation method, such as touch-ID or security code.
4.) The money should show up in your casino account soon.
What does it cost to use Google Pay to deposit?
Since 2020, debit card transfers are subject to fees of 1.5% or 0.31 USD (whichever is higher).
- The transaction method you use (e.g. VISA och MasterCard) may add a fee.
- Sometimes converting from one currency into another comes with a cost.
- Some casinos charge a deposit fee.
Is Google Pay only for big deposits?
No, Google Pay can be used for very small deposits. Check with the casino if they have a limit for how small deposits are allowed to be.
- Visa / Visa Debit / Visa electron
- Mastercard / Debit Mastercard
- American Express
- Diners Club
- PayPal in the USA and Germany
- EFTPOS in Australia
- Interac in Canada
- Nanaco, Edy, Suica, Waon, QUICPay and iD in Japan
- Unified Payments Interface / Rupay in India
Google Pay has both advantages and drawbacks.
On the plus side:
– Google Pay makes it possible to make deposits and pay vendors without sharing your credit card details with the recipient. In this manner, Google Pay is similar to services such as Apple Pay, Neteller and Skrill.
– Google Pay does not charge a transaction fee.
– Google Pay is run by a big and well-established company.
– Google Pay can be used on both desktops and mobile devices. There are mobile apps for both Android and iOS.
On the minus side:
– For online casino players, it is a drawback that Google Pay can not be used for withdrawals from the casino account.
– The number of online casinos that accept Google Pay is still small.
– Google Pay is a not a stand-alone method for payments and deposits. It needs to be combined with another transaction method, such as a credit card.